The UK food and commodities market is booming thanks to the varieties of foods brought into the market by importers.
The roles played by these importers cannot be underestimated. There is an urgent need for food availability considering that local suppliers may not fully satisfy the growing number of hungry stomachs.
In this article, I highlight some of the leading food importers in the UK.
Not only do these food distributors source and import highly sought-after foods but they also offer some of the lowest costs on the market.
Best Food Importers in the UK
1. Products from Spain
Do you love Spanish foods? Well, you don’t have to book a flight down to Spain to buy them because they are now readily available thanks to Products from Spain.
They are one of the most reliable food importers in the UK and unarguably the largest importer of Spanish foods.
Products from Spain has been importing and distributing Spanish foods in the UK since 1950.
No matter the type of Spanish food you like, you are confident that this importer has them in their importation list. Some of the foods they import include Chorizo, Olives, Turron & Mantecados, Black Pudding, Pickles, and Charcuterie.
- Website: http://www.productsfromspain.co.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +4402089657274
- Address: Unit 18, Cumberland Business Park, Cumberland Avenue, London NW10 7RT
2. Divine Importers
If there is anything that makes the UK food market unique, it is the varieties of food items available.
Importers also contribute to that by sourcing and importing different types of food from other countries.
Divine Importers is one of the leading food importers because they specialize in the importation of Italian foods. To make every meal completely Italian, they also go the extra mile to import fine Italian wines.
No matter the type of Italian meal you want to prepare, this importer has multiple foodstuffs to make that possible. Most of their imported foods are ideal for dessert and pasta.
Divine Importers provides complete and quality food services designed to satiate the taste buds of customers. This is in addition to the excellent customer service and a vast chain of distributors to make the food go round.
- Website: http://www.divineimporters.co.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +4401474360081
- Address: Unit A4, Springhead Enterprise Park, Northfleet, Gravesend, Kent DA11 8HB
3. Delight Foods
With the slogan “The Taste of Your Life,” Delight Foods is indeed doing a great job of satisfying the taste buds of customers.
They are no doubt one of the largest suppliers of Asian seafood. They also excel in the importation supply of Kerala frozen foods.
Over the last couple of years, they did a great job of importing specific foods from Kerala. On the list are ribbonfish steak, banana roast, kingfish steak, barracuda steak, and masala for thandoori.
- Website: https://www.delightfoods.co.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +4401213281072
- Address: Unit 3, Al-Amin Buildings, Grosvenor Road, Aston, Birmingham, B6 7LZ
4. Saviano Food Import Ltd
Saviano is another Italian food importer. They pride themselves in the importation of high-quality and healthy Italian foods.
For many years now, they have been at the leading stage of importing Italian foods into the UK. They were later to receive an award in 2016 in recognition of their outstanding performance and the quality of the foods they import.
- Website: http://www.savianofoodimportltd.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +4401133454110
- Address: Unit 5, Lenton Drive, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5JW
5. Empire Bespoke Foods
Empire Bespoke Foods is another leading food importer worth mentioning. They specialize in speciality foods that would later be delivered across different chains of the UK food market, including wholesalers and retailers.
Some of the foods they import include fresh and frozen foods as plant-based meatless meals and plant-based seafood.
They also import spreads, baking, salad dressings, liquid smoke, pancakes, and drinks like lemonades, American soda classics, tea, and ginger ale.
- Website: https://www.empirebespokefoods.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +4402085374080
- Address: 45 Rowdell Road, Northolt, Middlesex, UB5 6AG
Atlantico is committed to “sharing a passion for food and wine,” and that is evident in the sweet confectionaries they import into the UK food market.
They import different types of confectionaries from different countries ranging from Brazil to Portugal and Spain.
Their food catalogues are filled with the best of food products from the best brands in Portugal, Spain, and Brazil. Some of the products are frozen foods, beer, soft drinks, coffee & tea, oils & vinegar, and dairy & cheese.
- Website: https://www.atlantico.co.uk
- Phone: +4402086497444
- Address: Unit 1, ZK Park, 23 Commerce Way Croydon – CRO 4ZS
7. Hider Foods
This company specializes in the importation of specialty fine foods from different parts of the world for onward distribution to the UK food market.
Since 1965, this family-owned food business has been meeting the demands of customers by importing and supplying quality food products to garden centres, delis, farm shops, and cafes.
They also source food from notable brands like Nairn’s, Against the Grain, James White, Artisan Buscuits, and Fentimans.
Some of the services they offer include packing, bulk ingredients, labelling, flavouring, mixing, roasting, and re-cleaning.
- Website: http://hiderfoods.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: ++01482561137
- Address: Wiltshire Road, Hull, HU4 6PA
8. C & D Food and Wines
This is a leading importer of Spanish food and wine. Established in 1985, they are committed to expanding the horizons of the UK food market as well as supplying complete and affordable selections of food and wine from Spain.
- Website: https://www.canddwines.co.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +4402087781711
- Address: 25 Metro Business Centre, Kangley Bridge Road, London SE26 5BW
9. Western Impex
Western Impex specializes in the importation of oil seeds and different spices ranging from Indian spices to ground spices and seed spices.
They also import food and agricultural products for onward distribution to their extensive chain of wholesalers and retailers.
Also, they import other food products like papad, food grains, rice, pulses, and blended masala.
- Website: https://westernimpex.co.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +447527801376
- Address: Unit 15 – Walsham Enterprise Centre, Globe Industrial Estate, Rectory Road, Grays RM17 6ST
10. Westmill Foods
Here’s one of the largest specialist food importers with an extensive portfolio that includes takeaways, ownership of restaurants, and chefs.
They also work with several brands like Habib, Green Dragon, Tolly Boy, and Lucky Boat. They source sauces, pickles, and pastes from Amoy, HP Sauce, Patak’s, and Lea & Perrins. Coming over to flour, they source it from Elephant Atta, Asli Atta, and Green Dragon.
Their food products range from canned goods to rice, sauces, flour, chutneys, noodles, oil, spices & seasonings, pickles, and paste.
- Website: https://westmill.co.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +4402083458100
- Address: 26 Crown Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 1DZ
Compare Food Companies
- 10 Best Food Delivery Companies in London
- Top 10 Food Distribution Companies in the UK
- Top 10 Bottled Water Brands in the UK
- 10 Best Bottling Companies in the UK
- Best Sauce Manufacturers in the UK
- Top 10 Ready Meal Manufacturers in the UK
- 10 Best Snack Manufacturers in the UK
- 10 Best UK Food Delivery Services